link to homepage

Navigation and service

Information for Students from Abroad

Work permits for students from non-EU states and the new EU member states Bulgaria, Croatia, and Romania

In accordance with section 2 (3) of Germany's Ordinance on the Employment of Foreign Nationals (BeschV), students who are not enrolled at a German university must obtain permission from the Federal Employment Agency before travelling to Germany if they wish to carry out an internship or write a dissertation at Forschungszentrum Jülich. Applications for this permission are submitted by International Advisory Services, which provides advice and support to all international employees (students, doctoral researchers, grant holders, visiting scientists, professors) and their families on legal matters concerning non-residents and German social legislation.

A position at the research centre can only be taken up once written confirmation has been received from the International Placement Services (ZAV).

Funding programmes for international students

There are various funding programmes (Förderprogramme) available, especially aimed toward students from abroad who are interested in opportunities to conduct research early on in their career and are looking to gain practical experience.